Level 47

This is the place where you can discuss the levels, find some help and give your opinions about the game.
Forum rules
Hi all,
We had a lot of spambots registered on our forum, so we purged all user with 0 post.
If by any chance I removed your account I very sorry, but rest assured that we are taking new security measures for our forum so this never happens again!
Spoiler will be deleted!
BOTS will be deleted!
if anyone have any doubts, requests, problems or suggestions, please send me an email at:
nuk3@dotriddle.com

Level 47

Postby Maggot » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 am

The place to get some help for level 47
Maggot

Re: Level 47

Postby Sleepyhead » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:18 pm

I know is not the place to say this...but I don't agree at all with the answer of this level...I think is not necessary and in a lot of cases can be incredible hurtful to people.
Sleepyhead

Postby vlc5863 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Without going into a tirade (which I would like to do) I will simply say "I DITTO THAT"!!!! Sleepyhead.
vlc5863

Postby pedlara » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Last edited by pedlara on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
pedlara

Postby tamk » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:40 pm

I was surpised by the answer for 47 too.
This is the most hateful salute in the world,at least for Europe
The wounds are still wet for most of the europeans
We moved on with peace but ...its not a happy memory to play with it
I'm sure you didn't want to offend or embarrass anyone.
Thanks
tamk

Postby deecee » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:10 pm

I agree that #47 was indeed in very poor taste. Definition of heil is to hail; Definition is to acclaim, praise vociferously. Vociferously suggests a noisy outcry. Why would anyone want to praise that man and his horrendous acts towards Jews whether it be silent, written or outloud. As, Tamk said, the woulds are still fresh and have not healed not only in Europe but here in the US. We have many fine people living here that endured cruelty and remember it vividly today.
deecee

Postby Nuk3 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:50 am

we from Dot Riddle, did not want to offend any one. we just use that for the riddle, we may have used it lightly and for that we are sorry.
But we must not forget, if we forgot our past what will prevent it from happening again? and the salute it's well know that why we used, not to cause any pain in any one.
We do not praise that man!

EDIT
we will shut down level 47!
we will replace it! again we are sorry.
Last edited by Nuk3 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuk3
Site Admin

Postby Hellion » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:04 am

As one of the level developers of Dot Riddle, I want to express my sincere apologies if the puzzle in any way offended any of you guys.

I was the creator of this specific level, and I guarantee it was by no means intended as an apologetic message for that disgraceful man, but only as a historical fact to create the environment for the puzzle.

We, as brazilians who didn't directly suffered from the disaster that was World War II, we are well aware of the disgrace this person and his regime brought to all of europe, and we by no means take it as something that can be praised in any way, so, once again, I apologize if it was offensive in any way, our intention was never to praise something so inexcusable and disgraceful, only to use it as a historical background to create a puzzle.

Once again, I second the words of my friend Nuke, we do not praise that man.
Hellion

Postby damar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:42 am

We thank you for your response and fully accept that was no harm intended in the level...and for myself i must apologise for maybe reacting to quick and not leaving you time to say anything...that is my failing not yours..it is a very touchy subject and hard to take impartial but i believe that I/we should have tried harder to stay subjective before jumping.....In not even giving you time to reply to our complains about the level we are guilty of judging you and your motives and that is very wrong...i am sorry for it and hope you can forgive our reactions....

i dont know if is possible but i would like to try put this behind us....accept both sides made an error in judgement and both are sorry for it...

for all that is said you have made a really good riddle and no doubt taken a lot of time to create and i dont want to think one level or people reaction to it should be allow to spoil it

i am sure we are all big enough to come through this and speaking for myself i will have to reconsider my initial reaction of quiting... maybe is hypocritical...i prefer to think that the voice of reason and good sense has prevailed...

thank you again for your reply's
damar

Postby Hellion » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:35 am

Don't you guys worry about it, we are grateful for your opinions, we, as developers of a game that thrives on the people who play it want to hear as much opinion coming from you guys as possible.

It's great for us because we never saw it as offensive during development, we just thought everyone would grasp our intentions easier, but that was not the case, which was an error of judgment by us.

You guys coming and voicing your opinions is only motivation for us to get things straightened out, so let's put this behind us, if you think that's possible (because we surely do, we can always learn from mistakes) and I hope you guys can keep the same enthusiasm that brought you all the way to the 47th level.
Hellion

Next

Return to Dot Riddle - the levels